Okay, the best I can tell so fa is that release step 13 appears to be
failing for the same reason that regular nightly builds of royale-compiler
and royale-asjs_jsonly have been failing recently. They're all failing at
the same ASDateTests.

Some interesting console output that mentions the current environment
variables in a few different scenarios:

Last successful build of royale-compiler (815):

[junit] environment property - FLEX_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - PLAYERGLOBAL_VERSION = 11.1
[junit] environment property - TLF_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - AIR_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER = null
[junit] environment property - ASJS_HOME = C:\jenkins\workspace\royale-asjs
[junit] environment property - GOOG_HOME = null

Current failing build of royale-compiler (886):

[junit] environment property - FLEX_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - PLAYERGLOBAL_VERSION = 11.1
[junit] environment property - TLF_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - AIR_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER =
C:\adobe\flash\11.7\flashplayerdebugger.exe
[junit] environment property - ASJS_HOME =
C:\jenkins\workspace\royale-asjs_jsonly
[junit] environment property - GOOG_HOME = null

Release step 13

[junit] environment property - FLEX_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - PLAYERGLOBAL_VERSION = 11.1
[junit] environment property - TLF_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - AIR_HOME = null
[junit] environment property - FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER =
C:\adobe\flash\11.7\flashplayerdebugger.exe
[junit] environment property - ASJS_HOME =
C:\jenkins\workspace\Royale_Release_Step_013\artifacts\royale-asjs
[junit] environment property - GOOG_HOME = null

The last successful build of royale-compiler did not have
FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER defined, so it was not running these tests in Flash
Player (only compiling them). The current failing build has
FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER defined (and so does release step 13), so it is trying
to run them, and failing.

Now, I'm not saying that FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER needs to be cleared to fix
this. It might be okay for FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER to be defined, and maybe we
should actually prefer it to be defined so that the tests get run on the CI
server (because it seems like they were only compiled previously, without
running). However, if FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER is defined, then
PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME also needs to be defined. It needs to be able to build a
valid SWF (with Sprite as the base class) to run successfully in Flash
Player, and that's why the test run fails.

I am not super familiar with how the CI server is configured. However, I
would guess that playerglobal.swc exists somewhere in C:\adobe\, since
that's where flashplayerdebugger.exe can be found.

I hope this helps!

--
Josh Tynjala
Bowler Hat LLC <https://bowlerhat.dev>