I thought the RM instructions dictated that you had to set
JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF8

If that's not true, sorry for omitting that.  But that would be the recommended
practice.

-Alex

On 4/5/23, 2:43 PM, "Josh Tynjala" <joshtynj...@bowlerhat.dev
<mailto:joshtynj...@bowlerhat.dev>> wrote:

EXTERNAL: Use caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.

Some preliminary findings:

Jewel:
- Some plaintext [Embed] content was not matching up between macOS and
Windows. It was clearly a text encoding issue. I fixed a compiler bug where
it was using the system default encoding instead of UTF-8. A workaround
would be to use JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF8.
- The SWF files inside the Jewel SWCs still do not match between my
machines. I still need to figure out why. Probably a missing compiler
option in the Jewel pom.xml file.

MXRoyale and MXRoyaleBase:
- On Windows, I was seeing hoisted variables appear in the JS output twice.
I noticed that I was using JDK 11 on macOS, and JDK 17 on Windows. When I
switched to JDK 11 on Windows, the problem went away. It looks like there's
a bug in the compiler that needs to be fixed to support JDK 17. Until then,
I recommend building with JDK 11 or older (8 should be fine too).

--
Josh Tynjala
Bowler Hat LLC <https://bowlerhat.dev/> <https://bowlerhat.dev/;>

On Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 10:11 AM Josh Tynjala <joshtynj...@bowlerhat.dev