This is a gentle reminder to everyone to provide some feedback on the
release candidate.  We need at least another binding vote to continue this
process.

Also, non-binding votes are encouraged :)

Josh/Adina: I have looked at your feedback and made minor updates, tickets,
and comments to address the issues you raised:

> [Josh] Apache Accumulo®, please

I have updated the website accordingly

> [Josh] lots of warnings in your Maven project

Created a Jira issue for this: RYA-216 - Clean up Maven Warnings

> [Josh] include when the 72hrs is "up" (with tz)

I updated the template

> [Adina] Maybe we should put the KEYS file both in
dist.a.o/repos/dist/dev/ and dist.a.o/repos/dist/release/

Initially, I had the KEYS file in both places but I noticed that most
projects only have it in "release" and I thought it might be confusing to
maintain two files with the same content.  I'm fine reverting back to both
places, however.  Let me know.

> [Josh] you have no other signatures on your key

David Lotts signed my key last week.  I updated dist.a.o [1] but my key on
people.a.o [2] is doesn't reflect David's signature.  Any idea how to push
an update?  The key server that people.a.o pulls from has the update [3].

> [Josh] Put some thought in how your source-release creates binaries

Agreed... created RYA-217 Evaluate Shaded and Zip'd artifacts

--Aaron

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/rya/KEYS
[2] http://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mihalik.asc
[3]
http://keys2.kfwebs.net/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x8E6245BF6937DEAE1F7B72DDC3CC40CAF50EAE1A

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 2:54 PM Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu> wrote:

+1 binding

I checked:
* name includes incubating
* DISCLAIMER exists and has the correct content
* LICENSE and NOTICE exist and they have the correct content (if we don't
bundle any dependencies)
* release artifacts placed in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/rya/
* checksums correct (md5 and sha1)
* signature correct. Maybe we should put the KEYS file both in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/rya/ (where I expected it
to check the release) and
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/rya/ (where others can
download when we have the official release)
* no unexpected binaries in the .zip file
* can build from source, with included tests (I did mvm clean install)

Thank you,
Adina

--
Dr. Adina Crainiceanu
Associate Professor, Computer Science Department