From: Jürgen Jakobitsch <juergen.jakobit...@semantic-web.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:45 AM
To: dev@rya.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: SPARQL endpoint [Was: Dataset not applied to queries]

hi there, we've implemented the whole sparql endpoint anew.

some of the features from the old endpoint are still missing, but i think they
need some re-engineering anyway, like send a user as a url paramter is not
exactly a good idea..

i'm including a mail from i wrote from earlier this year (around april/may)

hi,

as mentioned in previous mails, we've setup a first draft of the proposed
upgrade of rya's sparql endpoint.. again note, that we've setup a small
debug/demo maven project using a sesame memory store to demonstrate the
proposed changes. if the proposed upgrade of the sparql endpoint is welcome we
would incorporate this with existing rya code to include all required rya
features.
features:

1. full support for content-negotiation (essential within the
linkeddata/semantic web realm) 2. SPARQL Service Description 3. more HTTP
Status Codes (202 accepted, 400 bad request, 200 ok) 4. all RDF serialization
formats available natively from sesame 5. customizable web endpoint (via a
sesame MAVWriter (ModelAndView) + JSPs
+ Styles)
6. valid XHTML for the endpoint
7. valid XHTML+RDFa in a browser for construct queries 8. a future rdf4j
upgrade will not seriously affect the whole endpoint

the project is very easy to build and you can checkout all features on your
local machine easily (examples are provided). the maven build will include a
tomcat hosting this sample endpoint, descriptions and code can be found
here:

https://github.com/jj-semantic-web-com/rya-sparql-endpoint

any feedback, pointers, comments and wishes are highly welcome!

related JIRA task: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RYA-477

kr jürgen

*Jürgen Jakobitsch*
Senior Technical Consultant
Semantic Web Company GmbH
EU: +43-14021235 <+43%201%204021235>
US: (415) 800-3776
Mobile: +43-676-6212710 <+43%20676%206212710> https://www.poolparty.biz
https://www.semantic-web.com

*Download E-Book*: Introducing Semantic AI
<https://www.poolparty.biz/machine-learning-meets-semantics/>

Am Mi., 5. Dez. 2018 um 16:28 Uhr schrieb Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu