Actually I have not tried this. But I do not think it will work. Because
the next offset is the offset you set + 1. There is no mechanism inside
Samza that treats -1 as the latest (though in Kafka it does). If it works,
let me know. :) I may miss something.

Another way of doing this is to set the latest offset using the checkpoint
tool. You can get the latest offset of the topic from Kafka using
bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.GetOffsetShell
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/System+Tools#SystemTools-ConsumerOffsetChecker>

Thanks,

Fang, Yan
yanfang...@gmail.com