My initial attempt to build against kafka 0.9.0 or 0.10.0 stopped short due
to some non-trivial interface changes and refactorings in Kafka; and I did
not want to make those changes without having a correct understanding.

Can someone guide me what would be the correct procedure to upgrade this
dependency? Should I attempt to make the build/tests pass against kafka
0.10 and submit a PR? Or would someone from samza dev team prefer to do
this?