Hi all,

There have been quite a lot of new features added to master since 0.12
release to warrant a new major release. At LinkedIn, we've done functional
and performance testing against master in the past weeks, and deployed jobs
with the latest build in production. We will continue to test for stability
in the next few weeks.

We've made significant progress on several exciting new features:
SAMZA-1063: Samza Standalone Project
SAMZA-1073: Top-level fluent API
SAMZA-1130: ApplicationRunner for running StreamApplication

Here are a few additional features that will also be included in this
release:
SAMZA-868: Support Elasticsearch version 2.x
SAMZA-1135: Support Scala 2.12
SAMZA-1140: Non blocking commit in Async Runloop
SAMZA-1143: Universal config support for localized resource
SAMZA-1145: Provide Ability To Confgure The Default Number Of Changelog
Replicas
SAMZA-1154: Tasks endpoint to list the complete details of all tasks
related to a job

An exhaustive list of changes in 0.13 can be found here
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20SAMZA%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.13.0%20ORDER%20BY%20assignee%20ASC%2C%20created%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC>
.

Here are the issues that we should consider as blockers for the 0.13.0
release:
SAMZA-871: Heart-beat mechanism between JobCoordinator and all running
containers
SAMZA-1150: Handling Error propagation between ZkJobCoordinator &
DebounceTimer
SAMZA-1153: Metrics should be added for ZK based JobCoordinator
SAMZA-1155: Allow configuring window.ms to specify trigger duration
SAMZA-1268: Final renamings and javadocs for public APIs for 0.13 release
SAMZA-1267: ApplicationRunner#getLocalRunner returns null

Here's what I propose:
1. Cut an 0.13.0 release branch.
2. Work on getting the blocker JIRAs resolved.
3. Target a release vote on the week of May 15th.

Please let us know if there are any other changes you'd like to go in
0.13.0.

Thanks,
Prateek