Hey, Jeremiah,

Sorry to reply late. The team is pretty busy for Samza 1.0 preparation
these days.

Regarding to Java 11 and the steps forward:
1. I don't have objection to adopt OpenJDK, as long as Samza code and
compile and run on it. It might be an interesting issue since Samza also
depends on other open source projects (like ZooKeeper and Kafka) which may
not be test w/ OpenJDK yet.
2. It would be great if you can have some test build/run of Samza with Java
11 (I assume with OpenJDK?) and report the results back to the community
3. We can start a formal poll and vote when we know what it takes to adopt
OpenJDK

Does that sound good to you? Thanks!

-Yi