I would just like to pipe up that bringing Samza into the Java 11 world
would be of great benefit for library compatibility. We're hitting this
incompatibility issue with a new Samza-based application we're working on
and some other supporting libraries. I'm going to take a look at this PR
and see if we can integrate it into a local Java 11-based build. Thanks
Jamie!

Cheers,
Malcolm McFarland
Cavulus