Leonard Mada wrote:
I wish to mention the following 3 issues:
1. compiling and testing the new algorithm
2. "void ScInterpreter::ScCorrel()" AND "void ScInterpreter::ScPearson()" seem to be identical -- I have found NO difference in the documentation for CORREL() and PEARSON(), but I may have overlooked something -- IF they are truly identical, than calling within ::ScPearson() the ScCorrel() function would be OK
  -- NO need to maintain 2 times an identical code

No, you're right. That should be unified. Well spotted.

3. other functions seem/are broken, like "void ScInterpreter::ScCovar()" AND "void ScInterpreter::ScRSQ()",...
  -- would need to be fixed, too

Sure. Most of them are still the initial implementation. Only a few functions have ever been updated.

Ok, then everything is fine. Can somebody compile this? I do not really know how to (or have the utilities to) compile it. Before integrating this into an official OOo, I believe it should be extensively tested.

OOo can now be built on Windows using only free tools. Noel just posted something at http://noelpower.blogs.ie/2006/11/10/hurray-now-you-can-build-with-free-compiler-on-windows/. I haven't tried it myself, though.

Is it possible to compile only a dll so that I have only to replace one file in my official OOo. (I have NO idea if this file gets compiled as a separate dll, but that would be really helpful.)

Built-in functions are in the main Calc dll, sc680mi.dll on Windows.

Niklas