Guido Ostkamp wrote:
(*) This is _not_ one of the typical "we want numbers erroneously formatted as text to be still treated as numbers as in Excel" questions as handled in many issues like #5658 etc.

It's related. The error that others show is from failure to convert to a number. Our approach is at least consistent between single values and cell ranges (for SUM etc). Sometime, we'll have to do something about it, but there's no need for another issue.

Niklas