bernie hunter wrote:
I'm a new developer in grad school, and want to make a regression tool for CALC which it doesnt have (at least my version of Open Office Calc doesnt)..and just wanted to make contact and say I'm going to try and learn about that and do it. I'd hope someone would write and tell me if they are already working on it.

What exactly do you have in mind? Note that there are already spreadsheet functions LINEST and LOGEST.

Niklas