Kohei Yoshida wrote:
On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 11:29 -0400, Himanshu Thapar wrote:
I just wanted to confirm that is this the only part which is
responsilble to read and write excel files, I mean if I include this
part as a library in my application will I be able to read and write
Excel files.

In theory yes, after you remove dependency on other parts of calc core,
of course.  I'm not sure how cleanly isolated this code is from the rest
of calc core, though.

No matter how cleanly isolated, what the filter does with the information it reads is fill a Calc document. This doesn't work without the core implementation. Work is in progress to have the filter access the document via UNO API. But even then, you'll only be able to compile the filter without the core, not run it without the document implementation.

If you want to use OOo code to read Excel files, the best way is to use OOo as a whole, and control it with its API.

Niklas

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to