Hi,

Wojciech Gryc wrote:
Hi Leo,

Thanks very much. This is baffling me. I don't have access to Windows for a
few days, and I don't experience the problem on Linux (Ubuntu Feisty Fawn,
OO.o 2.3)... Anyone else seeing this message?

The paste-problem does NOT happen with OOo 2.3 stable, but only with the development branch (dev 2.3 m231). I haven't had time to test it with a newer development branch (dev 2.3 m233 is latest). However, in the m231 branch almost nothing works: NO paste in the coding window, hand written commands do NOT work either, menu-commands are broken (crash RServe). I tend to believe that - at least the paste-problem - is related to the m231 branch.

I hadn't had time to test it with OOo 2.3 stable, but various things seem to be broken on my machine, too (though pasting works fine; IF I paste the 'Multivariate Linear Regression'-code from http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/R_and_Calc_Documentation, however, it will crash RServe!).

[Win2k SP4, R2.5.0, OOo 2.3 stable and OOo 2.3-dev m231]

Hope to have slightly more time next week and test it more extensively.


B. NAME
    =====
Regarding the name, I prefer the R4Calc name, though if you feel R_Calc is OK, I do not mind using it. [However, I feel that R_Calc and RCalc are too similar, and underscores are usually not used in package names because they tend to confuse users.]


Sincerely,

Leonard

Thanks,
Wojciech

On 10/10/07, Leonard Mada <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I found a very annoying bug with  the Coding Window:

Whenever I try to paste something inside the coding window, the
following message is displayed and nothing gets pasted:
   "The inserted text exceeded the maximum length of this field.
    The text was truncated."

Actually, nothing gets pasted, irrespective how long the text is (not
even a single character gets pasted.)

Tested with OOo 2.3-dev m231 and RCalc 0.1.11 on Win2k SP4.
[R and the like are irrelevant for this issue.]

Hope this gets a speedy fix.

And thanks for the good work. It is nice to see your work on this
project going on.

I contacted the UX-mailing list today to ask for some guidance on naming
RCalc. [The mailing lists were broken in the last several days, so I
decided to wait until that issue got fixed first.] I hope to get some
useful suggestions.

Sincerely,

Leonard


Wojciech Gryc wrote:
Hi everyone,

A month since the last release, I figured it was time to let you know
there's a new version. It only contains a few "minor" changes... One of
them
being that error output is a bit more formal now rather than
non-existent.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/R_and_Calc

Let me know if there's other things I should add. The features page on
the
wiki is definitely growing, so I'll do my best in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Wojciec
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]





---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to