I attended Stepheny's talk at ApacheCon in New Orleans last week, and
was impressed at the set of software you have all built. But also
surprised that after five years the project has still not graduated
[1].

With Trevor as the only active mentor, it seems that you could use
another mentor; I offered on the private@ list, and Nga was positive
about the idea, so I have signed up.

Let me briefly introduce myself. I am a member of the Apache Software
Foundation (most active in Calcite, but also a PMC member of Arrow,
Drill, Druid, Hop, Incubator Kylin) and have mentored several
podlings, most recently Hop and Baremaps. My day-job is as a staff
engineer at Google, writing database/Business Intelligence software.

If you are an active member of SDAP, can you reply to this email? I am
interested in people who are working on code, but also people who are
using SDAP, and PPMC members who are available to vote on releases and
help with administrative tasks.

Do you think SDAP is ready to graduate? If it is close to graduation,
what steps are left to do?

Julian

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/October2022#sdap