Hi,

Does the Sentry Service provide delegation tokens for processes without
Kerberos credentials to communicate with it (from YARN containers).

Use case: We have programs running in YARN accessing some entities on whom
authorization is enforced using Apache Sentry. There is a master process
that can communicate with Sentry just fine using its Kerberos credentials.
We have some level of caching implemented for ACLs as well, so we don't
have to hit Sentry for every authorization request. However, given that
this is a security feature, the cache needs to be updated very frequently.
For updating this cache, going via the master every single time will create
a bottleneck. So we wanted to explore if there was a way if a dedicated
service running in YARN containers (not every program, but a dedicated
service) can communicate with Sentry using delegation tokens. Exposing the
master's kerberos credentials to such a service is not an option because it
would lead to a security loophole.

This would be similar to what KMS offers via
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-10769.

Thanks in advance,
Bhooshan