Hello all,

We need to release sentry HA functionality so that community can start
using it. In this regard I proposed to have a sentry 1.9.0 release as there
were some outstanding issues integrating with Hive. Community was not
positive on this proposal for various reasons.

With recent findings we think we don't have to wait for Hive fixes. With
the changes that are planned for below listed Jira's sentry would use a
combination of Semantic Hooks and AuthV2 interface to integrate with HIVE
2.0.

   1. SENTRY-1978 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-1978> -Move
   the hive-authz2 grant/revoke implementation into the sentry-binding-hive
   module

   1. SENTRY-1980 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-1980>- Move
   the hive-authz2 HMS client filtering implementation into the
   sentry-binding-hive module.

I have created a umbrella jira for releasing Sentry 2.0 .

   1. SENTRY-1982 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-1982> -Release
   sentry 2.0.0 upstream

I have linked issues that are blocking the release. If you see any issue
that is blocking please attach it to this jira. That way we can fix them
and clear all the road blocks for releasing SENTYR 2.0.0

-Kalyan