On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 01:53:18PM +0300, Evgeny Kotkov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please find below the proposed release artifacts:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/serf/
>
> I would like to call a VOTE to release these as Apache Serf 1.3.10.
>
> [ ] +1: It's not just good, it's good enough!
> [ ] +0: Let's have a talk.
> [ ] -1: There's trouble in paradise. Here's what's wrong.

+1

It is a bit unfortunate that the libressl build fixes did not make it.
But it is not worth holding up the release over, either. I can keep papering
over the issue in the OpenBSD ports tree and hope that the 1.4 series will
eventually ship a fix for this. Build-time checks for features and function
names rather than specific version numbers or project names are a better way
of handling cross-platform portability. It also prevents vendor lock-in (where
in this case the vendor is a widely used open source project that should
have such interests at heart as a matter of principle... go figure).