According to the facelets site (section 1.2) the EL RI is also needed
for facelets[1].  That's probably why I am getting the following stack
trace:

SEVERE: Error Rendering View[/welcome.xhtml]
com.sun.facelets.FaceletException: Could not instantiate
feature[compiler.ExpressionFactory]: com.sun.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl
        at com.sun.facelets.compiler.Compiler.featureInstance(Compiler.java:153)
        at
com.sun.facelets.compiler.Compiler.createExpressionFactory(Compiler.java:127)
        at
com.sun.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletFactory.createFacelet(DefaultFaceletFactory.java:193)

I must have hard-copied that dep into the project and now that I'm
using maven its not working.

Sean

[1] https://facelets.dev.java.net/nonav/docs/dev/docbook.html

On 7/31/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Author: schof
> Date: Mon Jul 31 12:30:46 2006
> New Revision: 427223

> Log:
> changed JSF dep to RI; added jsp-2.1 api dp (still need to get the EL
> dependency added)

I asked about this issue internally, and here's the answer I got:  as of JSP
2.1, the new unified EL APIs are still part of the JSP specification, so the
classes themselves are supposed to be in the jsp-api jar that your new
dependency references.  If/when the unified EL classes are separated into
their own JSR (probably in some future maintenance rev of the JSP spec) they
will be split out into their own JAR and published separately.

Craig