+1

--
James Mitchell
678.910.8017

On Sep 28, 2006, at 9:41 PM, Craig McClanahan wrote:

The work we've done on the dialog support in the sandbox is showing clear earmarks of success. We can now support 100% of the functionality that actually works in the original implementation, plus have addressed a number of outstanding bug and RFE issues (plus supported a few extra enhancements like programmatic starting of a dialog that were not explicitly mentioned in an issue). I think it is now time to incorporate the results of this effort
back into the mainline trunk code.

Specifically, I propose to do the following:

* Eliminate the original org.apache.shale.dialog (and child packages) code
from shale-core.
Yes, this is pretty abrupt, but developers who only use the APIs we've
exposed for application
 use will not be affected -- it only impacts those who are using APIs
targeted for "framework"
users, and those folks need to be more accomodating about API evolution.

* Create new modules under frameworks as follows:

 - shale-dialog (copied from sandbox shale-dialog2 with package names
(etc.)
   changed from org.apache.shale.dialog2 to org.apache.shale.dialog.

 - shale-dialog-basic (copied from sandbox shale-dialog2-legacy with
packgae names (etc.)
   changed from org.apache.shale.dialog2.legacy to
org.apache.shale.dialog.basic.

- shale-dialog-scxml (copied from sandbox shale-dialog2-scxml with package
names (etc.)
   changed from org.apache.shale.dialog2.scxml to
org.apache.shale.dialog.scxml.

* Update website content in a manner consistent with the refactoring
proposal I just sent out.

* If we accept the SCXML implementation, start a vote to accept Rahul as a
Shale committer.

As with the refactoring proposal, I've got some time available starting tomorrow night and through the weekend to devote to these changs, if there
are no objections.

Thoughts?

Craig