Hi Terry,

Appreciated your detailed report.
Currently, the option `check.table.metadata.enabled` is the best way to speed
up launching. However much feedback from community
made us consider to optimize it ASAP. Could i invite you to join us to make it
better, even just an assisted test for this new enhancement is a help.
I will update progress on ISSSUE[1], which you can refer to for learning more.

Cheers,
Trista

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/4604

 Juan Pan (Trista)

Senior DBA & PPMC of Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating)
E-mail: panj...@apache.org

On 03/5/2020 21:04??Terry Zhang<conf...@qq.com> wrote??
Dear ShardingSphere team,&nbsp;

We are using ShardingJDBC module in our project and running well for in prod
environment. However, we are encountering a serious issue of that once
ShardingJDBC is integrated within our project it can take us 1+ minutes to
launch the service in our dev/test/prod environment. You know it is so slow
resulting in our bad work efficiency in both dev/test and prod environment as
we have to wait for its launch every time.

Due to demonstration above, we try to resolve this issue by ourselves, and move
forward to this project's official website to find the resolution. Finally, we
found the config item "check.table.metadata.enabled" via the web page&nbsp;
https://shardingsphere.apache.org/document/legacy/3.x/document/en/manual/sharding-jdbc/configuration/config-yaml/.
 Unfortunately, we gain a negative result after our trial.

Below is our test result:
---------------------------
ShardingJDBC: 4.0.0 RC3
JDK: 1.8
Database: MySQL 5.7.25&nbsp;
Tables:&nbsp; totally 465 tables, including 132 sharding tables
Enable "check.table.metadata.enabled" : about 139s elapsed.
Disable "check.table.metadata.enabled" : about 80s elapsed.
---------------------------
I attached the test log for your reference at the bottom of this email.

In summary, although we set the prop to false, it still consume about 80s, that
is too low for us. I can??t confirm whether the prop is corrected, if no,
please advise which one is corrected or is there other solution? Your advice is
appreciated. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.&nbsp;

Rgds, Terry Zhang

------------TEST LOG ATTACHED--------

With prop "check.table.metadata.enabled = true"

2020-03-05 17:10:17.390 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.a.s.core.util.ConfigurationLogger -
Properties
check.table.metadata.enabled: true

2020-03-05 17:12:09.394 [main] INFO&nbsp;
o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean
'shardingDataSource' of type
[org.apache.shardingsphere.shardingjdbc.jdbc.core.datasource.ShardingDataSource]
 is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example:
not eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:12:09.402 [main] INFO&nbsp;
o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean
'org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceAutoConfiguration' of
type
[org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceAutoConfiguration$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$f1ce2b62]
 is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example:
not eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:12:09.439 [main] INFO&nbsp;
o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean
'spring.datasource-org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceProperties'
 of type [org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceProperties] is
not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not
eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:12:09.457 [main] INFO&nbsp;
o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean
'dataSourceInitializer' of type
[org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceInitializer] is not
eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example: not
eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:12:09.467 [main] INFO&nbsp;
o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean
'org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.transaction.TransactionAutoConfiguration'
 of type
[org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.transaction.TransactionAutoConfiguration$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$a44e830c]
 is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example:
not eligible for auto-proxying)

With prop "check.table.metadata.enabled = false"

2020-03-05 17:12:51.295 [main] INFO&nbsp; o.a.s.core.util.ConfigurationLogger -
Properties
check.table.metadata.enabled: false
2020-03-05 17:14:12.015 [main] INFO&nbsp;
o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean
'shardingDataSource' of type
[org.apache.shardingsphere.shardingjdbc.jdbc.core.datasource.ShardingDataSource]
 is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example:
not eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:14:12.022 [main] INFO&nbsp;
o.s.c.s.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate$BeanPostProcessorChecker - Bean
'org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceAutoConfiguration' of
type
[org.springframework.boot.autoconfigure.jdbc.DataSourceAutoConfiguration$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$37874c71]
 is not eligible for getting processed by all BeanPostProcessors (for example:
not eligible for auto-proxying)
2020-03-05 17:14:12.058 [main] INFO&nbsp;