Thanks for the information.

From:   Michael Hermanto <mherma...@gmail.com>
To:     dev@shindig.apache.org,
Cc:     Stanton Sievers/Westford/IBM@Lotus
Date:   02/23/2011 15:43
Subject:        Re: Common Container viewParams versus renderParams

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 5:39 AM, Stanton Sievers
<ssiev...@us.ibm.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been playing around with the common container and have been
wondering
> why there are both viewParams and renderParams that can be passed to
> shindig.container.Container.prototype.navigateGadget.
> shindig.container.ViewParam defines only the 'view' constant.  This
> constant is also defined in shindig.container.RenderParam.  It even
> appears that shindig.container.GadgetSite.prototype.render will use the
> renderParams['view'], if it exists, before using viewParams['view'].
>
> Is there a reason why one would want to use viewParams to provide the
view
> instead of providing it in renderParams?

view-params are not commonly used. These are params that are meant to be
applicable only to a specific view. You're right that CC only cares about
viewParams['view'], but through this, CC allows one to put an arbitrary
JSON
that will be serialized (stringif'ied) as &view-params= in the render
iframe
URL, to be possibly used by the gadget.

To specify view of a gadget render, continue to use renderParams['view'].