One advantage is that the javascript could be cached so different
gadgets having the same features should not require request to server
to get it again.

Second, Fargo or Michael could correct me on this, the JS serving path
via JsServlet allow JS compiler via closure and JS processor flow to
process the javascript code to be more efficient. I dont think the
inline script will go through the same path.

- Henry