We have a use case where I have my own instance of the Common Container and
I need access to a gadgets' metadata outside the context of gadget
navigation.  Currently the common container keeps a cache/map of gadget
metadata.

We see two potential solutions:

1) Create a lifecycle callback and cache the metadata ourselves in our
instance of the Common Container.

2) Add a new API to the Common Container to expose access to the internal
metadata cache.  Something like getGadgetMetadata(url, callback).  This new
API would need to be robust to cases where the url points to a gadget for
which there is no metadata currently in the cache.  Which then begs the
question:

If there is no cache for the URL specified then should the gadget be
preloaded or should null be returned?

Thoughts?

Thanks
-matt