From:   Naresh Chaurasia <nc.java...@gmail.com>
To:     dev@shindig.apache.org,
Date:   09/14/2011 10:23
Subject:        Re: Installation Instructions

Stanton,
when i try the URL
http://localhost:8180/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.<
http://localhost:8180/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml<
http://localhost:8180/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

&view=canvas
I get the following error msg:

org.apache.shindig.common.uri.Uri$UriException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal
character in authority at index 7:
http://localhostaKey=/shindig/gadgets/proxy?container=default&url=
shindig.port=:8080
org.apache.shindig.common.uri.Uri.parse(Uri.java:109)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.uri.DefaultJsUriManager.makeExternJsUri(DefaultJsUriManager.java:64)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RenderingGadgetRewriter.injectFeatureLibraries(RenderingGadgetRewriter.java:231)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RenderingGadgetRewriter.rewrite(RenderingGadgetRewriter.java:158)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.HtmlRenderer.render(HtmlRenderer.java:88)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.Renderer.render(Renderer.java:93)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.servlet.GadgetRenderingServlet.render(GadgetRenderingServlet.java:104)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.servlet.GadgetRenderingServlet.doGet(GadgetRenderingServlet.java:82)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:734)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)
org.apache.shindig.auth.AuthenticationServletFilter.callChain(AuthenticationServletFilter.java:124)
org.apache.shindig.auth.AuthenticationServletFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationServletFilter.java:87)

i am trying to hit the URL myself.

If i go to *
http://localhost:8180/samplecontainer/examples/commoncontainer/index.html*
I get resource not available error. Actually i un-zipped the war, there is
no index file in the path specified.

http://localhost:8180/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.<
http://localhost:8180/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml<
http://localhost:8180/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

&view=canvas

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Stanton Sievers
<ssiev...@us.ibm.com>wrote:

> The problem is that the gadget does not define a Content section with no
> view attribute or a view attribute of "default".  Try this:

http://localhost:8180/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

> &view=canvas
>
> Are you hitting this URL yourself or is this being hit via one of the
> sample containers?  Normally you don't hit the ifr endpoint manually,
> rather, the common container APIs are used to navigate to the gadget.
See

http://localhost:8180/samplecontainer/examples/commoncontainer/index.html

> -Stanton
>

> From:   Naresh Chaurasia <nc.java...@gmail.com>
> To:     dev@shindig.apache.org,
> Date:   09/14/2011 09:49
> Subject:        Re: Installation Instructions
>

> I renamed the shindig-server-2.0.0.war to ROOT.war and copied it
> in D:\JBoss_Tomcat\server\default\deploy. I also deleted ROOT.war
folder.

> When i hit the URL: *

http://localhost:8180/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

> *
> i get the following error
>
> Unable to locate an appropriate view in this gadget. Requested:
'default'

--
Regards,
Naresh C