Hi Ate,

I've spent some time today trying to replicate the changes in your patch in my
own local repository and so far haven't had much luck.  I'm wondering if
instead of submitting a patch which tries to show the end result, if maybe you
wouldn't mind specifying the SVN move commands one would need to execute to
shuffle things around and then also attaching a patch just showing the files
that are truly new/modified (probably just pom.xml files I'm guessing).  I've
also got a few questions/comments about the structure you proposed (sorry if
some of this is obvious -- I haven't ever really tried to restructure anything
in SVN and am not all that familiar with Maven)...  I'm going to copy/paste
your proposal below and add my questions/comments inline:

>In short, my proposal is the following (and I have a patch ready for review):
>
>a) Move java/server/src/main/java/* (sample container code)
>    to new jar module java/sample-container

So I think this would be:

svn move --parents java/server/src/main/java java/sample-container/src/main/java

>b) Move java/server/src/main/webapps/*
>    to new (shallow) war module java/server-resources

And:

svn move --parents java/server/src/main/webapp
java/server-resources/src/main/webapp

>c) Move resources currently merged into server module from ./../content and
>    ../../config also into new (shallow) war module java/server-resources

I don't think we want to move these resources under a java/ path -- I think
these resources are also shared by shindig-php.

>d) Add new pom module java/server-dependencies which (only) defines
>    the runtime dependencies needed for the shindig-server module
>    Note: this should also add new dependency on shindig-sample-container

I don't think I saw the new pom.xml for this in your last patch, could you
please include it?

>e) The remainder of the shindig-server module then only needs to have
>    dependencies on the shindig-server-resources (war overlay) and
>    shindig-server-dependencies (pom), as well as some needed test only
>    dependencies for the remaining "endtoend" unit-tests

And just to be sure I fully understand the problem we're solving here -- right
now people can't create their own version of what the current shindig-server
module produces on their own because some of the resources required to do that
are only part of the shindig-server module, right?  And right now that module
is only built/provided as a WAR?

Thanks,

--Jesse