We have run into a problem where we have images protected by OAuth that we
need to use in our gadgets.  Usually a for an image would go through the
content proxy (gadgets.io.getProxyUrl), but the content proxy cannot do
the OAuth dance so we are kind of stuck.  One solution would be to request
the the binary data for the image, base64 encode it, and put it in the
page that way, but there is a 32K limit on the size of the data URL for
image tags in IE8, which we have to support, and we are sure we will go
over that limit.  Has anyone run into this problem?  If so how have you
gotten around it?

-Ryan