Once you modify the properties file you need to restart the Shindig server
because the value is injected during Guice bootstrap flow:

  @Inject(optional = true)
  public void
setConnectionTimeoutMs(@Named("shindig.http.client.connection-timeout-ms")
int connectionTimeoutMs) {
    Preconditions.checkArgument(connectionTimeoutMs > 0,
"connection-timeout-ms must be greater than 0");

FETCHER.getParams().setIntParameter(HttpConnectionParams.CONNECTION_TIMEOUT,
connectionTimeoutMs);
  }