Hi Doug,

You should forceRefreshAllTokens.  Treat the gadget security tokens like
they are derived from the container security token (because they are).  The
gadget tokens in your case will have the old viewer id baked-in because
they were derived from the old container token which also had the old
viewer id baked-in.  Forcing the refresh will re-issue all of your gadget
tokens with the new viewer id.

I hope that helps!

-Stanton