(I’m not sure this ever posted yesterday… so pardon me if it comes through
twice)

I’m looking into implementing container token refresh using the
container.config_[osapi.container.ContainerConfig.GET_CONTAINER_TOKEN]
mechanism.  This function would then either call back to my application or to
shindig to fetch a new token.  Ideally I want to have the first
updateContainerSecurityToken call start the refresh process.  However if I do
that and I want to go with the approach of having shindig provide the endpoint
for generating the token (by adding an osapi rpc service) then I’d already need
a valid token to make the call to shindig.  If I provide the endpoint in my own
application then I have to work out my own security scheme.  And I still have
concerns with the token being exposed via network traffic or introspection on
the javascript.  I guess that’s why they are short-lived.  Has anyone else
implemented a server-side solution?  How did you handle securing the call (if
at all)?  Any suggestions welcome.

UPDATE: It would be nice is there was someway to set allowUnauthenticated on a
per method basis.  I know even our listMethods call requires a token (which
would be nice if it didn’t).

Thanks,
doug