>> Without looking at the code, I would guess it’s stored in LinkedHashMap,
>> which keeps track of the order,
>> however, there are other map structures that keep order as well.

> Ok, thanks!

Indeed! So I learned about LinkedHashMap. This was a new one to me

https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/17/docs/api/java.base/java/util/LinkedHashMap.html

The Ini.Section class uses a LinkedHashMap<String, String> for storage,
implements the
Map<String, String> interface and just wraps its LinkedHashMap for all
Map operations.

For those that don't want to click on the link: LinkedHashMap, is a
hash table and linked list implementation of the Map interface, with
predictable iteration order

And it's part of the standard Java library.