Hi xiezhongle
I motivated myself trying another run on mac (to work also at home and
not in my bureau only, at home I have more time). I did:
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake
-DPROTOBUF_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/include \
--DPROTOBUF_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/lib/libprotobuf.dylib
\
-DPROTOBUF_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/lib/libprotobuf.dylib
\
-DPROTOBUF_LITE_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/lib/libprotobuf-lite.dylib
\
-DPROTOBUF_LITE_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/lib/libprotobuf-lite.dylib
\
-DPROTOBUF_PROTOC_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/bin/protoc
\
-DPROTOBUF_PROTOC_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/lib/libprotoc.dylib
\
-DPROTOBUF_PROTOC_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/lib/libprotoc.dylib
\
-DUSE_CUDA=OFF -DUSE_CUDNN=OFF ..
(those are all taken from the CMakeCache-File)
and then:
$ make
result is again:
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"google::protobuf::Message::DebugString() const", referenced from:
singa::Channel::Send(google::protobuf::Message const&) in
channel.cc.o
"google::protobuf::Message::SerializeToOstream(std::__1::basic_ostream<char,
std::__1::char_traits<char> >*) const", referenced from:
singa::Channel::Send(google::protobuf::Message const&) in
channel.cc.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
make[2]: *** [lib/libsinga_utils.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/singa_utils.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
I don't know where to define the lib that it finds the x86_64 arch.
There exists every path and what ever. I really don't know.
--
master-studios.net - Intelligent Software / Consulting / Research
+43 (0)699 / 102 69 056, Vienna, Austria
Am 04.07.2016 08:52, schrieb Xiezhongle:
> Hi Erhard,
>
> Please check your export parameters.
> It should be something like:
> export
> LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/lib:$LIBRARY_PATH
> ......
> You missed the "/lib".
>
> And also, if the folder installed by homebrew is not included in the bash
> settings, please use the following command under "incubator-singa/" folder:
> mkdir build && cd build
> cmake -DProtobuf_SRC_ROOT_FOLDER=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1
> -DUSE_CUDA=OFF -DUSE_CUDNN=OFF ..
> make
>
> Please try and let me know if you have other problems.
>
> Best,
> zhongle
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Erhard M. Dinhobl jun. [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Monday, 4 July, 2016 12:51 PM
> To: Apache Singa Dev
> Subject: Problems on mac
>
> Hi
>
> I am on to get singa up running under mac. I will write a developer
> introduction on this. but one problem. I get the following message
>
> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
> "google::protobuf::Message::DebugString() const", referenced from:
> singa::Channel::Send(google::protobuf::Message const&) in channel.cc.o
>
> "google::protobuf::Message::SerializeToOstream(std::__1::basic_ostream<char,
> std::__1::char_traits<char> >*) const", referenced from:
> singa::Channel::Send(google::protobuf::Message const&) in channel.cc.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
> make[2]: *** [lib/libsinga_utils.dylib] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/singa_utils.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I installed protobuf 2.6.0 and set the variables via:
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/
>
> export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/
>
> export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/Cellar/protobuf/2.6.1/
>
> maybe someone has a hint....
>
> --
>
> master-studios.net - Intelligent Software / Consulting / Research
>
> +43 (0)699 / 102 69 056, Vienna, Austria