[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SINGA-401?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16680969#comment-16680969
 ] 

Ngin Yun Chuan commented on SINGA-401:
--------------------------------------

After some discussion, we'll be changing the default logs directory of Rafiki 
from `/var/log/rafiki` to `/var/tmp/rafiki` for developers without `sudo` 
access. You can consider changing the value to `export 
LOGS_FOLDER_PATH=/var/tmp/rafiki` in `.env.sh`.

> Rafiki - sudo requirement during installation
> ---------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SINGA-401
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SINGA-401
>             Project: Singa
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Ng Yi Sen
>            Priority: Major
>         Attachments: rafiki_sudo_error.jpg, rafiki_sudo_error_2.jpg
>
>
> Hi,
>  
> After the latest commits, whenever I tried to install Rafiki, the sudo 
> password prompt will appear. I believe this has never happened before the 
> recent 0.0.5 update. When I tried to bypass this restriction using ctrl-c or 
> entering erroneous password consecutively, the installation can continue but 
> doesn't automatically create the logs folder.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Reply via email to