+1

Wish SkyWalking Better!

________________________________
发件人: 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
发送时间: 2019年2月25日 18:54
收件人: dev
主题: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache SkyWalking (incubating) as a TLP

Hi community.

We used to ask for graduate as a TLP 3 months ago, and the IPMC thought we were
not ready,
because of `Community growth and in particular how merit is recognised`
I think we are ready now.

http://skywalking.incubator.apache.org/

Apache SkyWalking entered incubation in December of 2017, SkyWalking
community learned a lot about how to do things in Apache ways.
Now we are a very helpful and engaged community, ready to help on all
questions from the SkyWalking Community.

We are making consensus decisions through the discussion in the mailing
list, including issue discussion, test, release, new committer and branding
issue.
Now, we voted 9 new committer, 3 of them have been voted as PPMC member.

We managed delivered 8 releases of source codes and binary already
, now we can do self-driving releases in good cadence.

The users of project grow very quickly and widely, we have 65 open users[1].
Including cloud vendor,
big enterprise, bank, e-commerce enterprise, private cloud provider, APM
vendor, car rent/sell company etc.

From the last time graduation discussion[2], these two things will keep in
same, unless someone objects.
1. I volunteer to be SkyWalking VP. And be clear, VP means SkyWalking secretory
only, no more power than that.
2. Proposal to move the PPMCs and mentors to PMC, committer to committer

The maturity assessment doc[3] is provided.

Also this discussion happens in GitHub issue[4], considering more people show
up in there.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking/blob/master/docs/powered-by.md
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/4ee8894c99275ee0f14fcdb250a66ef9d22a7ba87742fa613897849f@%3Cdev.skywalking.apache.org%3E
[3]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SKYWALKING/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+SkyWalking
[4] https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking/issues/1768

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108