Got it.

I would give an update on the issue of LICENSE when ShardingSphere for
SkyWalking backend storage moves ahead. Except for that, let’s wait for
Yonglun’s reply.

 Juan Pan

panj...@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere

On 12/1/2019 21:06,Sheng Wu<wu.sheng.841...@gmail.com> wrote:
Juan Pan <panj...@apache.org>于2019年12月1日 周日下午5:46写道:

Hi Sheng,

Considering some instrumental API of ShardingSphere were changed in
4.0.0-RC3, ISSUE[1] is needed to put on the agenda, which depends on
Yonglun’s planning.
Besides, it would be efficient if Yonglun could take charge of ISSUE[2]
and ISSUE[3] since the ShardingSphere plugin for Skywalking is contributed
by him. However i’d like to listen to his thoughts.

Let’s wait for his reply.

BTW, a nonstandard LICENSE has been used for ShardingSphere  since
4.0.0-RC3, do you think it is supposed to syncit to SW?

Thank you for the remind.

Two parts, ShardingSphere could be involved.
1. ShardingSphere plugin. It is just compiling level dependency, so, it
just requires ShardingSphere jar is available in Maven Central, and as
Apache release. SkyWalking is good, no need to add any license to
SkyWalking repo.
2. ShardingSphere for SkyWalking backend storage. I think this part is not
ready, and 100% bases on your plan. If ShardingSphere jar will be
re-distributed in SkyWalking tar, then, YES, we need LICENSE update. If we
are going to use ShardingSphere proxy, which I like more, then no LICENSE
update too.

[1] https://github.com/apache/skywalking/issues/3777
[2] https://github.com/apache/skywalking/issues/3583
[3]https://github.com/apache/skywalking/issues/3984