Make sense to me, thanks for your reply.

 Juan Pan (Trista)

Senior DBA & PPMC of Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating)
E-mail: panj...@apache.org

On 02/16/2020 22:20,Sheng Wu<wu.sheng.841...@gmail.com> wrote:
Juan Pan <panj...@apache.org> 于2020年2月16日周日 下午6:36写道:

Hi fellows,

I am working on providing ShardingSphere[1] as one of the server storages
for Skywalking.
ShardingSphere will help shard the data collected by Skywalking into
different databases(Popular RDBMS, like MySQL, PostgreSQL and so on) and
tables to seek better query performance and do scale-out of database.

Since it is not an easy job, and needs some helps from community, i put
task schedule and discussion items here to welcome your comments and
suggestions.
If you are interested in this one, welcome to be my partner! :-)

------------
Here is the schedule,
1. Acquire all required tables and query SQLs from db logs, like general
log of MySQL. [DONE]
2. Analyse those tables and query SQLs to explore appropriate sharding
strategy.[DOING]
3. Provide class implementation of `PreciseShardingAlgorithm` and
`RangeShardingAlgorithm` of ShardingSphere to do sharding.[TODO]
4. Provide configuration of Sharding Proxy[2] for Skywalking.[TODO]

5. Provide Acceptance test(maybe e2e tests of Skywalking?).[TODO

Yes. We call it e2e. You could find many storage implementation tests
there. Zhenxu Ke and Haochao Zhuang are the two leading this part.

BTW, your plan looks good to me.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

]
6. Update readme[3].[TODO]
7. Update storage doc[4].[TODO]
-------------

It seems a long-term work, and i will do it step by step. Any progress
will be updated here, also ISSUE [5] will give you thread of PRs and
discussion detail.

[1] https://shardingsphere.apache.org/
[2]
https://shardingsphere.apache.org/document/current/en/quick-start/sharding-proxy-quick-start/