Hello Boris,

As far as I know there is no difference between the two forms. "return x;" and "return (x);" should result in the same byte code as well. Consider the expression 2 and (2). Imo, they should be strictly equivalent.

I do not know why some parts of SLF4J use the first form and other parts the second form.

Cheers,