Takeshi Kondo wrote:
Hello Ceki

Thanks for your response.

Could you tell me reason you am not convinced?

By not convinced, I mean that I am not persuaded by your approach but I am also not dismissing it.

I don't understand that you have other possibly better ways of obtaining the change log level.

You can use filters to create rules of action. Such filters can scan for message codes and when a particular message code is detected, the filter can modify the level associated with a logging statement. So, when you write

  logger.warn("The earth is warming up");

the filter can reduce the logging level to DEBUG instead of WARN on the fly. Filters can be defined in a configuration file which can be loaded and reloaded at will.

So, filters are another way of changing the logging level at runtime.

I hope this sheds some light on the matter.

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://logback.qos.ch