While not an answer to your question I experienced this problem when I was
building a native YARN app.  Zookeeper solved the issue of 'host discovery'
for me very easily. By having each 'daemon' in a container join a zookeeper
node while its alive gives clients the ability to connect to the ZK cluster
and then discover were the 'daemon' hosts are running.

Again while not slider this is done in MOYA.
http://hortonworks.com/blog/how-to-deploy-memcached-on-yarn/

--
Hortonworks Certified Hadoop 2 Java Developer

 Solutions Engineer, Hortonworks
Phone:     Office (734)-288-3930   Mobile (734)-301-9812
Email:      jniem...@hortonworks.com

Apache Hadoop YARN: Moving beyond MapReduce and Batch Processing with
Apache Hadoop 2
<http://www.amazon.com/Apache-Hadoop-YARN-Processing-Addison-Wesley/dp/0321934504>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE