Thanks for your explanation.

Sure, I will create an issue on JIRA.

On 07/16/2014 10:57 AM, Sumit Mohanty wrote:
Slider can allocate unique port for each component instance. There is a
mechanism for an app instance to publish configuration through a registry.
If I am guessing correctly, each Vertica node is of the same component type
and currently Slider does not have the ability to advertise different info
for each instance of the component.

Incidentally, we identified it as a requirement as any application that is
essentially a set of peers you will need to know the listen port for all
instances. This is typically mitigated by assigning the same port but to
take full advantage of YARN hosting its best to allow dynamic port
allocation. So we will add the capability soon. Can you open a JIRA and
describe the scenario from your perspective?

thanks
-Sumit