Thanks for trying out 0.80.0 release.

The error you saw was due to hbase.tmp.dir pointing to path which was valid
on the node where container was running but invalid on the client.
In the retrieved hbase-site.xml, you can replace with the following:

This step is done automatically by hbase shell wrapper - see the last
section of:

http://slider.incubator.apache.org/docs/troubleshooting.html

Cheers