From: Anirban Banerjee
<abaner...@rocketfuel.com<mailto:abaner...@rocketfuel.com>>
Date: Monday, June 8, 2015 at 1:28 PM
To: Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com<mailto:gs...@hortonworks.com>>,
"dev@slider.incubator.apache.org<mailto:dev@slider.incubator.apache.org>"
<dev@slider.incubator.apache.org<mailto:dev@slider.incubator.apache.org>>
Cc: Nitin Aggarwal
<naggar...@rocketfuelinc.com<mailto:naggar...@rocketfuelinc.com>>, Vinod Kumar
Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com<mailto:vino...@hortonworks.com>>, Rakesh
Saha <rs...@hortonworks.com<mailto:rs...@hortonworks.com>>
Subject: Re: Discussions on Slider

Adding the DL as per request.

~Anirban

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Anirban Banerjee
<abaner...@rocketfuel.com<mailto:abaner...@rocketfuel.com>> wrote:
Hi Gour,

Thanks for offering to help.

I am trying to build a hello-world application (N instances, each echo hello
world to hdfs file, and ends) like I described on the white board last Thursday.

The instructions at
http://slider.incubator.apache.org/docs/getting_started.html were easy to
follow upto a point. However, I got stuck at the sample application section
because document suddenly switched from How-To mode to Reference-Lookup mode.

Do you have a simple tutorial/codelab that helps me to build hello-world
(described above) from here.

If not, I will dig into the code...

Thanks,
Anirban

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Gour Saha