My guess is there's actually a need to have the MapR hadoop common jar (the
one I would assume has an updated file system implementation) be pre-pended
to the class path.  I don't have an installation in front of me, but I'd
look into modifying slider-env or the like to prepend at least that one jar
to the class path.

--
Sent from some random computer....