Saw an issue with this the other day and wanted to pass it along to see if
it was a bug or intended functionality.
So, to encode elements in a path that begin with a number I used the encode
functionality in ISO9075.  At one point, I accidentally "over fixed" the
path by calling the encode method too many times on the path.  It actually
gave me an invalid path (it encoded it's encode).  I found this pretty easy
to reproduce as it happens in the CRX Explorer as well.

Ex:
path = /content/path/to/my/2009/08/node
path = encode( path );  // returns
/content/path/to/my/_x0032_009/_x0030_8/node/
path = encode( path );  //
returns /content/path/to/my/_x005f_x0032_009/_x005f_x0030_8/node

Again, if this is intended functionality, no worries.  Just wanted to
verify.

Respectfully,
John