Hi,
While looking at making it possible to bind more than one ResourceProvider to a URL see [1], I noticed that the ResourceProviderEntry appeared to be a very active area of code with a lot of recursion, especially when you actually start to deploy a reasonable number of servlets. This lead me to think that it should be possible to convert the loops into lookups and speed it up. I thought it was simple, a week later I now know its not so simple.

Since the whole concept of binding ResourceProviders is probably going to be highly contentious [2] since its intended to allow virtualization of the mapping between URLs and jcr URI's I haven't committed anything. I have put the patch set (which is not completely working ) up [3] at codereview.

I have a question before I spend more time.

Am I wasting my time ?

(Obviously if I am not, I will clean the patch set up and make it work, I believe it may also fix some issues with Servlet Registration)
Ian

1 http://markmail.org/thread/jeh4a7z4i6skkfci
2 http://markmail.org/thread/roumyelolpciboci
3 http://codereview.appspot.com/124094