On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:04, Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The same merging has to be done for O2. Maybe if we would use approach
>> O2 with the properties, but allow for additional folders in between
>> that are not seen as config, we could achieve the same. And the node
>> name of those additional runmode folders would be free to chose.
>
> That's not correct ;-)
>
> O2 has a single tree (whether fixed at /etc/map or not). Of this tree of
> entries the entries with a sling:runmode setting not matching the
> current RunMode are ignored.
>
> Thus there is no merging here.

If you have a sling:runmode property deep down, you need some merging as well:

/etc/map/http/localhost1/app1/@sling:runmode

=> http/localhost1 for all modes
=> http/localhost1/app1 only for the modes specified

I also think that the merging for my proposed case isn't that
difficult: you just walk the tree below /etc/map as it is done now and
apply things for the runmode they are in (defined by the ancestor).
First come, first served for duplicate mappings. That is the same as
for implementing O2. The only difference are those "empty" folders
that don't add to the mapping config, but just specify the runmode(s).

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek