On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 14:49, Mike Müller <mike...@mysign.ch> wrote:
> But what if the authentication
> process has nothing to do with the JCR, what if someone authenticate to a
> separate
> system.

The idea is that when JCR is the basis for the application (what Sling
is mostly about), the actual authentication must happen inside the
repository. That means, if you have a different, external login
mechanism like ldap, it should be handled by a (custom) LoginModule in
Jackrabbit. Therefore it makes sense to simplify Sling for this major
use case. And I also think that every resource resolver works based on
the authenticated user.

Do you have a counter-example?

> To solve the performance issue an AuthenticationSupport can put an context
> attribute with the ResourceResolver and the ResourceResolverFactory can
> pick up that ResourceResolver.

Agreed, that might be a solution if needed.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek