Hi,

On 06.01.2010 21:14, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently our scripting core depends on the jcr api. This is an old
> relict to support the optional binding for currentNode. If the current
> resource is adaptable to a jcr node, then this binding is set to this node.
> This binding is not officially supported :)

Well, actually this variable is documented in the Sling Wiki Scripting
Variables page [1]. And thus it looks like it is kind of officially
supported.

> We should definitly either remove the dependency to jcr or make it
> optional. This allows to use the scripting in a non jcr environment.
>
> I think we should remove this support completly - afaik the only
> scripting language that is affected by this change is the javascript
> implementation. We could simply add the binding in this scripting
> language. JSPs are not affected as we have a taglib there anyway.

Yes, for JSPs the currentNode variable is set by the
<sling:defineObjects> tag.

> So if noone objects, I'll remove the support from the scripting core and
> add it to the javascript implementation.
>
> As an alternative we could make the dependency optional and leave this
> non official stuff in the core.
>
> WDYT?

Upfront I would be for removing. But since the variable is documented
and therefore de-facto API, I think we should implement the workaround
with the optional dependency.

Regards
Felix

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/scripting-variables.html