On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Julian Sedding <jsedd...@day.com> wrote:
> As Carsten mentioned, it starts getting tricky when the
> write-capabilities of the Sling API are mixed with those of JCR. AFAIU
> the JcrModifiablePropertyMap is for convenience and thus optimized and
> limited for the use-case of setting properties on a single node.
>
> Would your problem be solved by a static helper method, accepting a
> Node and a Map/ValueMap to achieve the same thing, similar convenience
> and purely on the JCR API? I suppose this could go into the
> JcrResourceUtil. I.e. something like
> JcrResourceUtil.setProperties(Node, Map<String, Object>), which does
> not execute session.save().

That wouldn't help in my case, I think. The problem is not that
JcrModifiablePropertyMap calls session.save() (it doesn't), but it
calls node.save() which makes a session.refresh() useless.

I admit the problem *is* a bit far-fetched, but I'd like to have a
completely resource-agnostic method of updating properties. So that
any resource that adapts to ModifiablePropertyMap can be updated.

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway