On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 14:25, Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Excellent point: Have a look at Sling's
> HttpServletResponse.encodeURL(String) method [1].
>
> And yes, this is a method which has been there for a long time, but
> developers don't seem to be used to use it ;-)

I know it, but it doesn't fit at all: encodeURL() doesn't generate
absolute URLs, its main purpose is to add the session ID, which we
don't want in Sling.

My idea was to have a reliable single method for generating absolute
URLs, and for the sake of consistency and simplicity for the client,
have a similar one (or decide via a flag) for generating relative URLs
(what ResourceResolver.map(request, path) is doing).

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek